Learn about the essential requirements, duties, responsibilities, and abilities that a social media manager needs.
A social media manager is a professional performing social media platforms, research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences. This specialist also creates and implements social media strategy to align with business goals. Social media manager is also responsible for setting specific goals in campaigns and reporting on ROI.
A social media manager also serves as a company’s voice on social media. They are in charge of answering comments and developing material. Social media managers seek ways to boost their company’s brand awareness. This Social Media Manager job description template is intended to assist you in attracting the best talents for your organization. On our video job posting platform, you may combine this description with a video.
Social media manager: Job description
To handle our social media accounts, we’re looking for a skilled Social Media Manager. You’ll be in charge of coming up with original written and video material, as well as managing social postings and engaging with followers. You will maintain a consistent image for our organization in order to meet our digital marketing objectives.
A perfect candidate will be up to date on the newest digital technology and social media trends. As a social media manager, you must have good communication skills and the ability to creatively explain our company’s viewpoints. Finally, you should be able to manage our social media presence while maintaining strong traffic to our business website and client involvement.
- Analyze current benchmarking trends and audience preferences.
- Create and implement a social media plan that is in line with your company’s objectives.
- Set defined goals and track the return on investment.
- Create, edit, publish, and share daily engaging content (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Track website traffic from social platforms and draw conclusions.
- To achieve brand consistency, collaborate with other teams such as marketing, sales, and customer service.
- Communicate with followers, reply to questions promptly, and keep track of client feedback.
- Monitor the look of social media accounts (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Propose and execute new features, such as promotions and contests, to increase brand recognition.
- Keep up with the latest social media, design, and application technologies and trends.
Skills and requirements
- Work experience as a social media manager that can be verified
- Practical knowledge of content management
- Outstanding copywriting abilities
- Ability to create original content (text, image and video)
- SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics are all skills that you should have.
- Online marketing channels knowledge
- Excellent communication abilities and knowledge of web design
- Skills in analysis and multitasking
- BSc in Marketing or a related discipline